Contribute to the FATE Community
As an open, equal, and inclusive federation learning corporative community. No matter you are a user, a developer, a reasearcher, or a writer, we welcome any kinds of contribution for the FATE project. We all work together towards better development of the FATE community.
Make your first contribution
The FATE community needs you to get involved and encourage you to contribute. Here you can provide code, documentation and other content to the FATE community. With your kind contribution, we do believe it will help to the development of the community as well as the improvement of the project.
• Contribute code.
• Contribute to the FATE documentation
• Report an issue or bug
• Review and comment on pull requests from other developers
• Share the success case of FATE
• Talk about FATE on social media
• Reference FATE in your blogs, papers, and articles.
Contribute to the FATE code
When contributing to this repository, please first discuss the change you wish to make via issue, email, or any other method with the owners of this repository before making a change.
Please note we have a code of conduct, please follow it in all your interactions with the project.
Pull Request Process
1. Ensure any install or build dependencies are removed before the end of the layer when doing a build.
2. Update the README.md with details of changes to the interface, this includes new environment variables, exposed ports, useful file locations and container parameters.
3. Increase the version numbers in any examples files and the README.md to the new version that this Pull Request would represent. The versioning scheme we use is SemVer.
4. You may merge the Pull Request in once you have the sign-off of two other developers, or if you do not have permission to do that, you may request the second reviewer to merge it for you.
As an open source project, Federated AI Technology Enabler (FATE) team welcomes and encourages contribution to the community. To recognize and express our appreciation for contribution, the team provides contributors with rewards.
To clarify our standards on contribution, we provide here the official contribution rules for the FATE project. Developers can refer to the below rules regarding grant of incentives. After we verify your contribution, the official account will contact you and issue the reward.
Official Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 1 reward: Propose new feature(s) for the project (a detailed description is required) and submit code patch.
- Level 2 reward: Point out an error within the project (BUG) and summit code patch to repair it.
- Level 3 reward: Write or improve the project related documents.
- Level 4 reward: Point out a BUG, but cannot submit functional code patch.
- Join the list of FATE open source project contributors, which is displayed on multiple FedAI official websites
- A gift whose value reflects the importance of the contribution
- Priority to attend official offline technical Conferences/Salons
- Special invitation from the official developer community
- Incentives are worth between US$39 and US$1399 per contribution, evaluated by the FATE team.
- Certificate for contribution